CallerXchange is a person-to-person business card exchange service that connects people and enhances social networks. Subscribers easily share and update their contact information. CallerXchange provides phonebook interoperability between smart phones and feature phones.
How CallerXchange Works
- Easy to use (1-click to send)
- Conveniently appears (no need for menus)
- Control when and to whom info is sent
- Updates friends when info changes
- Auto Opt-out when the service is not being used
Operators generate two revenue streams:
- Premium VAS revenue with each message;
- Increase in voice and data revenue as subscribers add more contacts to their phonebook (Primary SIM usage for pre-paid).
Who pays to use the service
Subscribers pay an out-of-bundle, premium SMS price (typically ~1.3-times the value of an SMS) to send their business card.
Market Environment and Trend
- The phonebook is one of the most universally used application on the phone.
- There are many contact exchange applications available in App Stores; however, none are interoperable across all handsets and networks; none are automatically available after ending a call with a new friend; and none create direct revenue for mobile operators